Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I HAVE ENDOMETRIOSIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES. those are "!!!!" exclamation points - as in YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Not "yay" that I have it because I want it - far from...but "YAY!!!!!!!!!" that I have found out what's wrong. WHY we have been through three years of infertility and two failed IVF's.

So I finally had my laparoscopy and hysteroscopy today...and - drumroll please......I HAVE ENDO!

Yes, of course that sucks - BUT again, I'm SO relieved that they FOUND something! We have a REASON as to WHY I haven't been able to get pregnant! Instead of them coming back and saying "sorry there's no reason, it's just your bad luck". Nope. He found some on the left side and left ovary. I'm not sure the extent of it, as I was passed out still when he came in to talk to me. But he talked to my husband who relayed this all to me.

So they cleaned it up and it is "gone" (for now, of course...) Our next appt with the doc is in two weeks on July 10 - we will discuss then our last two totcicles.

I just can not tell you all how absolutely relieved I am to have SOMETHING to grasp on to and say "yes. THIS is the reason why you haven't gotten pregnant and WHY two IVF's failed."

more to come. :)

10 comments:

  1. Did they tell you what stage endo? My dr said that if you are only stage 1 or 2 (I'm 2 because it was all over the place with no scarring), then research shows that taking it out doesn't necessarily help you get pregnant. Don't want to burst your bubble, but just wanted to let you know that. However, this could be IT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't know...and yeah - that information DOES suck...however (I'm saying this halfway drugged...lol) even if it DOESN'T work again - at least I have an answer as to WHY. BUT it WILL work next next!!! :D

      Delete
  2. I too have it along with adenomyosis. Both of my IVFs and my donor egg cycle failed too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah. ;( it really sucks - but right now I'm just relieved to know WHY! I don't know how severe it is - I don't know if "cleaning" it out will help or what we can do. BUT I'm just so happy to know WHY our IVF's failed. Even with male factor - I couldn't accept the fact that MY body failed and I didn't know why. Now at least I know.

      Delete
  3. I agree that having an explanation is a huge step in the right direction. So, on that note, I'm very happy you're no longer in limbo! That said, I agree with what NonSequitur pointed out. If possible, following the follow up appointment, get yourself to a RE who specializes in Endometriosis. In the meantime, rest up and recover!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cristy! What you said is the biggest thing for me - I'm no longer in "limbo"...yes it sucks, yes I wish I didn't have it - BUT knowing that I do is such a huge relief that it's not just "bad luck".

      Delete
  4. So glad you were able to get some answers! Not the best news but it is a reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) This is all I asked for - SOMETHING - ANYTHING a reason to actually say "yes, this is why it hasn't worked". Without that we can't "fix" the issue!

      Delete
  5. OMG thats the best "bad" news I have heard in a while. I am glad you have some answers and hopefully that is all it will take to get you knocked up.

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D