Friday, December 13, 2013

So I can understand how people become alcoholics...

Ok, so before anyone jumps all over me for the title of that post...(yes, I totally get that alcoholism is a true disease/disorder)...but honestly I CAN understand it...I can understand the depression one can sink into and how comforting a glass or two (or a bottle or two) of wine can be...but this post isn't about that - so please, again, don't jump all over me...I'm just saying that wine is helping me through Christmas.

Why? Well - if anyone remembers my post from last year about how AWESOME Christmas Eve was...having to spend it with a 19 year old drinking (well, Mountain dew, which to me is almost worst...) SMOKING (yes, actually SMOKING while 8 months along...) pregnant chick was...this year not only do I get the "pleasure" of being there with her and her baby - her ex-meth-head sister (who's only 22) and HER baby...but YAY!!!! My husband's nephew knocked up his new girlfriend he's only been with maybe 6 months now!!!!!!!!!! Aren't I just the LUCKIEST infertile in the world???!!!!!!!

fuck.

You know, I LOVE Christmas. I love EVERYTHING about Christmas. I always have. While I hate the cold (Ok, I don't love everything...lol) but I even love white Christmas's and the lights, and the trees, and Christmas music and the festivities and presents and you name it, I love it. But honestly - this year - it will come and go and I will still be a childless woman.

All I want to do is cry. and drink.

God this is going to suck.

4 comments:

  1. Been there. And i remember how much it sucked. Abiding with you, hon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is going to suck. I don't blame you I'd be cracking open a few bottles myself.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are days you just want to ignore on the calendar some years. I say ignore the entire season if possible if it helps you survive it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D