So most sports fans know by now that Indianapolis Colts player, Robert Mathis, has been suspended for four games due to taking "performance enhancement drugs"...
I don't watch the news anymore so had no idea what had happened...but on friday, my husband called me on his way home from work and was irate over this. Apparently it's all over the news that he has been banned from four games for taking Clomid. Clomid - the FERTILITY drug. The drug that they put my own husband on in order to try and help US get pregnant.
In fact - for Robert Mathis, him taking it HELPED them get pregnant and he even came out and TOLD everyone "we have fertility issues, I took it to help my wife get pregnant and it worked".
He has always been one of my husband's favorite players and now he is 1000% my husband's favorite player! Why my husband was so pissed, though, is because the sports radio he listens to - of course - had absolutely NO IDEA what clomid is used for. So he actually came home and emailed them our story and told them straight up, "Clomid is used for fertility, NOT for enhancing performance".
I am also on a a "news-strike" from anything on facebook (I have a problem with getting pissed off at internet comments)...but I decided to read a bunch of them regarding this issue...and I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised at the # of MEN on the NFL's facebook page who were all FOR Robert Mathis taking clomid and commented that this is for fertility and he's a great man for doing what he had to do!
But as far as the title of this post...it just made me so happy to finally hear from my husband how much something like this pisses him off. Because, of course, I'm VERY vocal about infertility and how much things piss me off...and he's usually not. So to hear him rant and rave about this helps me know how much this DOES piss him off...that I'm not the only one. ya know?
So in other news...aunt flow has FINALLY shown up (yay!) although she was here for like 7 days when normally she's only here for 3...but that's ok. So Cycle #1 down - cycle #2 and sorta 3 to go!
We have to wait 2 cycles to do another IVF cycle. So June will be #2 then July (cycle #3 will be the cycle we do our next IVF).
Of course, we pay completely 100% out of pocket and we didn't exactly have another $10,000 laying around. The first time (our fresh cycle) I took the money from my 401K...then for our first frozen, $$ came from my parents. For this last frozen cycle we had FSA (flexible spending account) that we used, but only gave us $2500 for the year, which of course is gone for this year.
So I knew that before our third cycle after m/c even got here, I NEEDED to have the money. We are absolutely doing a new cycle. We were so close and now that we know it CAN work, we HAVE to do another cycle.
So we looked at all of our options and thought about a home equity loan. The problem is - we already had a revolving home equity LINE with another bank (a much smaller loan)...so our house had to come back at a certain amount, in order for this new bank to be able to give us the new loan AND pay off the other line.
And...it did!!!!!!!!! So we got the new loan - paid off the other line - AND on top of that we were able to pay off two high interest credit cards! (that was about $5,000). So we have the $$ to do our next cycle AND we paid off debt! :D
So honestly - now - it literally is just waiting on my body. We are all set to do our next cycle and the biggest stress of all ($$$) isn't a stress at all!
Let's do this thing!
Praying that this coming IVF will be the one to bring you that bundle of joy we all want so badly.
ReplyDelete