Sunday, June 17, 2012

NEVER in a MILLION years did I ever think I'd say this...

but I LOVE RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!! (haha, got ya there, didn't I?)

Nope still not pregnant. BUT like I said it really is a matter of time right now - just getting the financing and hoping to start in August/September.

Until then...I AM ADDICTED TO RUNNING!

So I have always HATED running...I've always wanted to run. Seriously every single year for the last 15 or so I've thought to myself "god, I wish I could run...but ______ is the reason excuse that I can't." And even now - I have knee problems. I'm turning 33 in August and I am also 30 pounds overweight. But ya know what? I LOVE RUNNING!!!!

Seriously it truly honestly does give you a "high" that is just so hard to describe!

I'm slow - I know I'm slow...but I refuse to let that stop me. I have a sister in law who is only three years older yet she acts like she's 30 years older. I REFUSE to become that type of person. ya know?

So last night I went to a Relay for Life race for an AWESOME friend of mine and her family. They've been doing the RFL for years and last night my friend wanted to run a mile for her older brother who died of cancer 3 years ago...she told me that years ago, he was her soccer coach for like 12 years. And one day she remembers getting into an argument with him over something, he told her to run a mile, so she flipped him off and never did it. And last night was her chance to do it for him! I am SO beyond proud of this friend of mine. She's gone through a lot and this year has lost close to 50 pounds and has started running, too...and last night SHE (we) ran the ENTIRE mile!!!!! She wanted to give up but I and her other friend refused to let her and we made sure she did it! Course, I'm also excited on my end because I haven't ran an entire mile in literally 15 years, myself! We did it in 17 minutes!

So today - coming off from that high last night...I just wanted to go out and run. And it is HOT out there. It's 88 degrees but I HAD to do it. So I took my dog (who may not be as happy as I am, lol) and we walked 2.72 miles and RAN 1 mile in 14 minutes!!!!!!!!!!! ok, there was like one of those minutes I had to walk ... but I ran about 95% of that mile today!

Honestly I think I'm going to have to talk to the doc about exercising once I get pregnant. I'm ADDICTED!

3 comments:

  1. I hope your enthusiasm is contagious! This C25K is getting really hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice of you to push your friend to keep running! Glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D