Friday, December 21, 2012

Having one of "those" nights...

Ugh. Christmas is 2-3 days away (depending on when you celebrate...). My husband's family opens gifts and celebrates on Christmas Eve.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to celebrate and super excited to give my husband his gifts...

But It's the 3rd year now where we've wanted a baby and still nada. nothing. no one. zilch, zip, zero...you get the picture.

It. Sucks. :(

All I want is a baby. So many AWESOME women - who I couldn't be happier for - that I've met online through this blog are either celebrating with a child or are about to become a mother.

Which is truly great - but when IS it going to be my our turn?


5 comments:

  1. Trust me, I understand Lilly. Some of the women I started out on this journey with have actually lapped me now... they are on baby number 2. It is definitely hard sometimes, and the holidays make it harder. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. The holidays are such a tough time for those of us who don't have the family we want to celebrate with. We've only been actively TTC for 14 months but we've been ready for kids for three years. It sucks seeing people go on to have one or more kids with you still stuck waiting. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your feelings. We had three of those hard holiday seasons burdened with a number of not-so-planned pregnancies. The third one was right after our first failed IVF. All I wanted to do is hide from family. Hang in there! I am praying and hoping your next Christmas will be filled with joy making up for all the waiting! Much love your ways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've also been trying for years. I know how you feel when there is yet to be a child to celebrate with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much. I know I'm not alone - but that almost makes me even more sad. I think of all those children out there, too, who aren't going to HAVE a Christmas for one reason or another...and yet all of these awesome couples who would KILL to have that child in their arms...

    sigh...

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D