Tuesday, December 25, 2012

sigh...Christmas.

First off - I hope everyone had an INCREDIBLE Christmas Holiday.

I do have to vent though. But before I do I will let everyone know my husband is A-MAZING! I actually still have a gift coming to me that he ordered off of Amazon and it should be here in a couple days...we'll see how long that takes, since we are in the smack dab middle of where a huge snow storm is supposed to happen tomorrow.

But he bought me the most absolute GORGEOUS sterling silver and pearl necklace and earrings from Jared. They are beautiful and I love them! :D

Now. This is in different font because I copied/pasted from a vent I did on my mommies board. :)

Christmas can be a VERY tough time for us infertiles. We all know it.

So for Christmas....we go to my DH's parents' house every year...my brother in law - who is 44 (and had his first when he was 17) - His wife (who is around 41 or 42) who has an 11 year old, also has a 22 year old and a 19 year old...

It was bad enough last year when her (then) 21 year old was there and pregnant...of course she was there with her 1 year old...but now her sister, the 19 year old was there AND FRICKIN' PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously? I honestly found myself hiding in the bathroom a few times throughout the night balling my eyes out. God did it suck.

Even my husband got ticked off when she (the pregnant 19 year old) WENT OUT TO SMOKE! I mean, SERIOUSLY?

Then today - LUCKILY, my DH's cousin's kid (who I've talked about before - I've said how I didn't want to go to the holidays this year if she was there) - well luckily she didn't show up (even though her mom and sister were there) - but my mother in law started to say something about her and the pregnancy...and I turned to my mother-in-law and just said "I have always been told if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all...so before I say something I may regret, I don't want to talk about her and I am going to walk away" and I did. She got the hint.

ugh...will it ever get easier?

I am 33 and I swear I feel like it is never going to happen.

5 comments:

  1. Sending you love and baby dust!!! Praying so hard that 2013 is your year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing how you feel. Wishing you a BFP soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lilly, I totally know how you feel about the whole Christmas/family thing. I found your blog through Lisa and feel I have already connected with you ;)
    Blogging buddies??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand .. We were realizing that we were miscarrying in the middle of the whole thing.. Thought I was just crazy for some of my thoughts, but happy I am not the only one.. My cousin (who has no clue what we are going through) asked me when we were going to have a baby and I politely told her we were working on it.. She just kept continuing on like she was a freakin doctor and told me that we just have to relax and it will just happe .. Um, not really

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are getting ready for round 2 of IVF. But lucky me has a surgery on Monday first.. Ugh, and they will be removing a large cyst and one of my tubes.. Fun, fun.

    Please feel free to check out my blog

    Prayingforbabydust.blogspot.com

    Thanks for sharing your story. I hope you enjoy mine

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D