Ok, so I LOVE New Years! I do - to me, a new year ALWAYS means a new beginning. It's a "do-over" from years' past. I will make 2014 all it is I want it to be!
So Christmas. I have to say - it was really good! Thanking God for small favors, the girl from last year - the one who got up and announced to the room "I know I shouldn't smoke, being pregnant and all"...as she sat there downing soda pop after soda pop (two months after our first failed IVF)...didn't end up showing up because she had to work. I was also afraid of having to deal with my husband's nephew's new GF who he recently knocked up...and she had to work on Christmas Eve. Now, she (the knocked up GF) did show up on Christmas Day - however, she was very nice, cordial and quiet. She kept to herself and didn't make a spectacle of herself.
Now, in saying that - though...so the pregnant smoking chick - her older sister WAS there...this girl is 24 years old an has a 2 year old child as well as a 1-2 month old infant. The infant was perfectly fine - as my MIL sat there with him all night and he didn't cry or really even make a sound...the 2 year old on the other hand. OMG - his "parents" have NO clue! He was being a horribly bratty 2 year old ALL NIGHT LONG. While there were some points when the kid was acting OK, he kept throwing temper tantrums and all the "parents" would do was threaten him "if you don't settle down, I'll take you to the bathroom!" While never actually going through with it or doing ANYTHING to make him settle down. The girl - who, granted, her mother is my brother in law's wife, so she had a lot of presents to open up herself...sat there more concerned with what she had gotten/was getting than her child!
My husband and I SERIOUSLY wanted to take both of THEM into the bathroom and smack the shit out of THEM!
ugh. But other than that...it really was good. My husband got me some pretty amazing things and my mother took me clothes shopping (which I have been horribly in need of!)!
So all in all, I am happy with Christmas of 2013. But 2013 IS behind us and now - let's bring on 2014!!!
Happiest New Year wishes to all!!
Thanks for the comment! I hope 2014 is a year full of blessings and miracles for you too!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you handled that!!!!! You are one brave lady!!!
ReplyDeleteHoping 2014 is a much better year for you.
ReplyDeleteYou are better than me I would have given that woman a heckuva talking to! 2014 will be an awesome year!!
ReplyDelete