I know I haven't posted in a while - we sorta took a "forced" break - due to finances and all that...and we had two little beautiful totcicles left at our RE's office...just waiting. For us.
We decided to try again as soon as we could in 2014. My cycle started on Feb 2nd. Then my doctor decided to do a different FET protocol this time. We did stimulation + trigger. I was on femara for about a week then I was on gonal F. Then we triggered and "tried at home" after trigger - then we transferred our last two beautiful embies 5 days past ovulation. An INCREDIBLE friend (you know who you are!) suggested I drink Pineapple juice (not from concentrate) and I did that up until transfer. Then the day OF transfer for 5 days after I ate 1 small piece of pineapple core...
The doc also decided to put me on progesterone suppositories at night and 1cc of PIO in the morning. (I believe this helped TREMENDOUSLY)! And, of course, I will still be on this for the next 8 weeks or so.
Waited through the dreaded 2ww - analyzing and obsessing over absolutely everything I possibly could...thinking EVERYTHING I did screwed it up. For example - the day after transfer I ran around like a mad woman going about business as usual, doing a ton of errands - then that night we went to a friend's birthday party at a bowling ally...but knowing I shouldn't be picking up anything too heavy I didn't bowl...HOWEVER afterwards we went to a private bar (owned by one of their aunts) and while smoking in bars is illegal in Indiana - it IS allowed in private establishments...so of course I thought being around 2nd hand smoke for an hour screwed things up...
About a week later my parents came to visit and I was driving around in my father's jeep which had heated seats - which I normally LOVE - and didn't think about it until a few hours later "holy crap - did I just hurt my chances with heated seats?"...
But then I got my progesterone done halfway through. I KNOW that EVERYONE says progesterone doesn't tell you that you're pregnant and isn't suppose to indicate pregnancy at all. However. My first and second cycles...my progesterone was around 10. This time - it was "<80"!! My awesome friend (again, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) who went through my same doctor - said hers was around 70 when she conceived her daughter - so that at least gave me hope.
I also refused to POAS. I'm not actually one TO POAS...but the first cycle I tried on an OPK (hey, I read it can show hcg, lol) - second cycle I tried an HPT and nothing...well nothing but grief. So this time - my husband made me promise I wouldn't. So I didn't...well at least not til after beta. :D However I have promised said friend from above some beautiful POAS stick pictures, so I will be going to CVS today to pick some 2 liners up. :D
So finally yesterday arrived. Beta day. I was lucky enough to be working from home. I remember my first cycle - when it was BFN I was at work and my supervisor was kind enough to let me leave for the day as I was in tears and an absolute flipping mess. Second cycle I was at home - but that still sucked. Yesterday I was at home. I went in early to have my blood drawn - it was "STAT" however I knew from experience that if it was negative, the nurse wouldn't call til like 4 p.m. At 11 a.m. my phone rang. OMG I know that number! So I answer and it's my nurse.
Nurse K - "hey there...how's your day going so far?"
Me - "pretty good so far."
Nurse K - "well, it's about to get even better!"
Me - "omg are you serious?"
Nurse K - "girl, I'm calling to tell you that you're pregnant!"
Me - ok, here I just start balling and blubbering - but I did manage to ask what my beta was.
Nurse K - "It is 206, we want you to come back on Monday for your 2nd beta and an ultra sound in 2 weeks"!
I thanked her and hung up and immediately called my husband. He thought - since I was crying - that it was negative until I finally got out "OMG OMG OMG WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!"
Course what sucked here is that he wouldn't be home til like 6:30 - but when he came home he did so with a dozen roses in hand. :)
OMG. We are PREGNANT!
wow. I can not quit saying that! I AM PREGNANT I AM PREGNANT! HOLY EFFING SHIT I AM PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!
Four years ago this month. March 2010. I ditched the birth control pills. Our wedding would be in June, but I thought "well, if I'm 2 months along no biggie"...how naive I was. One year goes by - nothing - we find out we're "infertile" um we're what? That's not supposed to be us! Everyone on both sides of our families can look at a guy and get pregnant (ok, to be fair, that's only on my husband's step-families side...on his biological side, he may be the only cousin to have a child).
Four years. 3 cycles. 3rd time is the charm. Four years almost to the day that I stopped taking my birth control - I am PREGNANT!
Now yes - I know we still have hurdles to get over. And IRL I've only told about 10 people...as long as everything progresses as it should - we will tell both sets of parents on Mothers Day (OMG, that has been a dream of mine for so long!). Again, 2nd beta is on Monday and our first ultra sound is in 2 weeks.
I am asking for thoughts and prayers that this moves along beautifully and in November we will welcome our baby into this world.
OMG I.AM.PREGNANT!
Here's the actual "two lines"...just because :)


Congratulations!!!!!! Enjoy the moment and EVERY second that follows! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!
ReplyDeleteOMG Congratulations!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteI AM SO SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are gonna have an awesome fall :D
yes. yes. yes we are!
DeleteWOOHOO!!!!! Congratulations Lily!! Fantastic news and an awesome first beta!! Waiting impatiently for more good news very soon!!!!
ReplyDeleteI dont think I have EVER wanted someone other than myself to be screaming those three words more than i did with wanting it for you. YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so random. But I have followed your blog since we were in a TTC #1 group together a few years ago. We are also huge cubs fans. Anyway I have prayed that you would get to experience the joy and excitement of pregnancy and I almost cried when I read this post. There is no one more deserving. I wish you all the best!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, wow and wow! Congrats! I am over the moon happy for you!
ReplyDeleteYAY! Congratulations!! What a great first beta number! :-)
ReplyDelete