Ok, so last week I WAS able to run two days worth of C25K! Sunday and Tuesday were AWESOME! But then I went out on thursday, took my first step to actually run and BAM my left knee started hurting, again. :( So I took a 40 minute walk instead.
I've never HAD my knees looked at by a doc, but they have hurt off and on for over 4 years now.
So I called the doc and - of course - to get a referral, well to even have them call BACK can take up to two days and I called on a friday before a monday holiday...
So we will see - but I'm going to have it looked at. I've had this dull pain in my knees (mainly my left, but both hurt) for way too long. And I NEEEEED to get some of this weight back off of me.
Before I left for Europe I was at 185. I am now at 195. I've gained back 10 pounds. Yup, I finally stepped on that dreaded scale. I have a love/hate relationship with the scale.
I will literally go for MONTHS without stepping on it, and then when I finally do, I get on it every.single.day if not three times a day.
I'm trying my hardest NOT to do that - but I got on mainly because I just NEEDED to know.
I'm going to buy some GOOD actual RUNNING shoes today - hopefully I can get out and run. Course it's supposed to be in the 90's today and tomorrow! ack!
SO I will be dusting off the treadmill in the basement today! :D
ok, that is all time to start my day now!
I'm sorry to hear about your knee! Stay away from that scale!
ReplyDeletethanks! and, yes...I know!
DeletePoor knees! I hope they stop hurting and also really hope it's nothing serious!
ReplyDeleteI hope your knee feels better so you can keep going.
ReplyDeleteI too have left knee pain and wanted to tell you to definitely have it looked at asap bc holding off could be causing more damage. I waited originally and have had two knee surgeries and will find out Wednesday if im having another. Let me know if you need anything. Good luck on the run and the scale is the devil so stay away
ReplyDeleteYeah, i'm just waiting for the doc to call me back. :) I'm emailing you now!
DeleteI know all situations are different, but most of the knee problems I have had are from over-use and under-stretching. If you have any tightness in your legs (you might not even feel it) it can cause your knee cap to rub and cause a pain around your knee cap. Make sure you are stretching really well before and after you run.
ReplyDelete