but I really did NOT...so I've mentioned before how I've found an awesome infertility support group in our city and I went to one of the meetings two months ago (missed last month, obviously being out of the country...)
But tonight was the regularly scheduled monthly meeting - HOWEVER - it was at a pizza place, and the website kept talking about how it would be a fundraiser for one of members (a couple) who are trying to adopt their foster baby...
I HONESTLY did not think it would be a "regular" meeting...I thought we were just meeting for pizza or whatnot...well, it was a regular meeting. We sat in the private room (there was a total of about 14 of us there - 8 girls, 6 guys, if I remember correctly) and we talked about our "feelings" and whatnot...which personally I like - however, that is SO not my husband's thing. at. all.
So he just sat and ate pizza while everyone else talked, lol. :) But yeah. I really did NOT think it would be but it was. oh well, what are ya going to do?
I really like the meetings (even though this was only #2) but they also have a private facebook page where we can go and talk about infertility-related stuff withOUT any of our facebook friends seeing anything we post.
oh well. that's really all. not a lot to update about. g'night.
I am really glad you are finding it so supportive. I really hope the couple who were fundraising get their wish soon and have that little one forever.
ReplyDeleteI just love the fact of having a group to meet with! Hopefully the fundraiser was a success and the couple gets their miracle soon.
ReplyDeleteI think that's awesome! I wish I could find a group like that in my town...no luck so far, but maybe one will come along!
ReplyDeleteLOL isn't it always the way. We don't know exactly how some meeting/party is going to be and they get mad at us when it's not something they enjoy. Oh well.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy you found such a great group. I hope that couple can adopt soon.