Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Physical Therapy - but still runnin'...

So the doc I saw did NOT say to stop running and, in fact, he said the exercise may help loosen it up. :)

HOWEVER...he does want me to go in for Physical Therapy, twice a week...I don't remember what he called it but I think it had to do with the Patella (knee cap)...

Of COURSE there was NO pain when he was looking at it...but believe me, it's there.

I went running tonight and right now my right knee cap is throbbing...not painful, just throbbing...

so we shall see what the therapy does. :)

6 comments:

  1. Did he say anything about wearing an elastic brace or anything? That might help to give support. I do that with my ankles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a brace that I bought, but I'm not sure if it's not the right size or I just don't know how to wear it...but it doesn't feel like it's doing anything. :/

      Delete
    2. Maybe your therapist can help you out with that.

      Delete
  2. OMG i totally forgot to ask about your knee. My doctor put me on physical therapy too. crazy huh? Anyway hope it works for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah! I start next week - it's actually on the west side, so I'll be able to go on my lunch break. I WAS gonna run on my treadmill tonight, but we went to a movie instead. :)

      hopefully the PT helps. It's funny - same days I feel nothing, and other days it hurts to walk...I keep wondering "do I REALLY need PT?..." but yes. I do. when it hurts, it really hurts.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm sorry things are still hurting. Hopefully a little PT will do the trick. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D