So I've been back on Low Carb now for 2 weeks. So in 14 days I've dropped 5 pounds! That's actually a lot less that I've done in the past...BUT I am SO happy I'm down 5 pounds! :)
One thing I did differently yesterday that I'm going to keep doing is...coconut oil!! :D
One food item that is HUGE in the Low Carb world is Coconut Oil. I used to use it all the time when I first started LC a few years ago - but haven't used it in a long time...it is a little expensive - but it's an AWESOME food...
Coconut Oil has so many healing properties and it's just darn right good for you! Go to that link for more information on it - but the biggest thing about CO is the fact that it's got medium chain fatty acids or MCFA's. MCFA's are basically a "good fat" which is absorbed and digested by the body and used as energy. Whereas long chain fatty acids are stored as fat.
But coconut oil is very well known for its weight loss properties and yesterday I put a tbsp in my coffee (like I used to do sometimes...) and I am down a whole pound this morning!!!
I need to make some Coconut Oil Fudge/Recipes. :)
Well off to work with me!
Congrats on the 5lbs! I think 5 in 2 weeks is awesome! That info on coconut oil is very interesting.
ReplyDeleteEmily,
ReplyDeleteYeah, I've always been a HUGE fan of coconut oil...google it and you'll find TONS of information on how good it is for you!! :D
CONGRATS on the 5lbs, that is a huge deal! :) I wish that I were motivated to work out!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kayla!! :) Yeah...my motivation is wanting a baby! It's funny...when hubby and I first started TTC - that's when I started to get "lazy" and started eating stuff NOT good for me - because I kept thinking "well, I'll be pregnant soon enough..." yeah...immortal last words...two years later my motivation comes from wanting a baby so bad. My new motto is "Baby or Bread? Which one is more important??"
ReplyDelete