So I went int for my cycle day 3 blood work. They tested my FSH, Thyroid, Estradiol, something else (I forget) and prolactin. They also sent off for the "infectious diseases" just because that's protocol.
So the FSH, Thyroid, Estradiol all came back OK - no problems...but the prolactin was high. So she put me on Parlodel (Bromocriptine).
So I am a googler...any time I'm put on a new medication I need to know its side effects and if there's anything to worry about...especially when it comes to whether or not a medication can cause weight gain...
Actually - this new one, if you google "Bromocriptine" and "weight loss" - you will actually find a LOT of information that Bromocriptine is used in the help of weight loss! score! lol. :)
AND...something else I found out - the Trazodone that I take for my insomnia...if you google Trazodone there's really not a lot of information regarding it and weight gain...HOWEVER - there IS a lot of information regarding it raising Prolactin...and when your Prolactin raises - it's hard (if not impossible) to lose weight!
So the Bromocriptine is supposed to lower Prolactin - so I'm hoping that it balances everything out.
It would make sense because I really started to gain all my weight BACK after I started on the traz! And I was not eating a ton of junk by any means...so I'm going on the fact that the traz raised my prolactin - which in turn made me gain weight easily!
So my next appointment with her is in 2 weeks to see if the Bromocritptine makes a difference...but the nurse said - and I QUOTE..."we will keep you on the Bromocriptine until we get you pregnant".
GOD do I love hearing that! :D
btw - the scale still hasn't moved...only 5 pounds total in 3 weeks...BUT at least I am down. Just getting a little frustrated...I'm trying to be patient though!
So my next appointment with her is in 2 weeks to see if the Bromocritptine makes a difference...but the nurse said - and I QUOTE..."we will keep you on the Bromocriptine until we get you pregnant".
GOD do I love hearing that! :D
btw - the scale still hasn't moved...only 5 pounds total in 3 weeks...BUT at least I am down. Just getting a little frustrated...I'm trying to be patient though!
Hearing that does give you some hope doesn't it? Glad your bloodwork was good overall and what was off will hopefully be helped easily by this med.
ReplyDelete