Monday, March 26, 2012

IUI - turkey baster?

Ok - I know it's NOT called a "turkey baster" but that's how I envision it! lol.

So I called the RE's office and the RE wants to go ahead with the first IUI!!! To me, the last SA's numbers are fairly scary...but I'm not a doctor, I only know what I've read online. If he says they are good enough then let's get to it!

They said to call on the first day of my next cycle, BUT since I will be in Europe...that ain't gonna happen. SO...by my calculations, my May cycle should start on Sunday the 6th or Monday the 7th.

That seems like it's not a lot of time to settle back into things, after coming back from Europe on the 29th...but I am going to be prepared! :D

Plus - while I KNOW that the IUI may not work - I'm more going to look at the first IUI cycle as a "get to know ME" cycle. As in...my docs have NOT done any testing on me other than the hsg test last year and CD3 tests last month. Otherwise, I've had NOTHING done to see if there's anything wrong on my end.

And, since they plan on doing Clomid, Gonal F injections, hCG injections and Progesterone - we will obviously see how my body reacts to everything! We will FINALLY see if I DO have any cysts (baseline ultrasound done on the 1st/2nd/or 3rd day of my cycle).

And - who knows - maybe the first IUI is ALL we need and a super-sperm will come barreling through! :D

Oh, and I am making THESE brownies tonight - will post how they turn out!

11 comments:

  1. How exciting! Looking forward to cheering you on! And I'm jealous that you get to go to Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to be only 32. Your chances are great!! I wish I started all of this at your age. Your trip sounds wonderful. Have lots of fun and rest up so you can be ready to go for your IUI. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Oh and the Hubby and I call it a turkey baster too! I kept giggling at Thanksgiving every time I used the baster.

      Delete
  4. You and I are exactly the same age and it seems like we are struggling with the same issues! So hey IF buddy. I am really hoping Kitt and I will be getting onto our first IUI soon too. You never know, maybe we will even get to it in May and we will be right alongside each other. Have a fantastic time over here in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome!! :) good luck with your own appt!!!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great plan. hope it all works out. Have a wonderful time in Europe. Maybe we can hang out once you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!!!! I'd love to hang out some time!

      Delete
  6. Yay for a plan of attack and hopefully this is all you need! Have fun in Europe, I'm super jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turkey basting is a great term for it, no matter how it really happens. I do think that if the thing they had come at me with actually looked like a baster, I would have freaked. LOL

    Enjoy your trip to Europe. Are you going all over the place or sticking in one area?

    ReplyDelete
  8. enjoy the trip. i'm really excited for your upcoming IUI! praying the first one does the job.

    thanks for posting the recipe link! eating for my PCOS has been one of my goals for 2012... so far, failing ;)

    looking forward to following you through your cycle. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D