So I found this infertility support group here in Indy. I went to my first meeting tonight and I really liked it! I won't really talk about any of the participant's stories here - but there were two couples and two singles (women) there without their husbands.
It was really nice to be in an environment where we could all talk about our struggles and actually talk in person to someone who is dealing with the same issues.
I'm really excited to go to more meetings (I believe they meet once a month).
I do have a friend at work who actually had IVF done twice (and has three sons, one set of twins and her older son)...it's great to email back and forth, as she totally gets the whole infertility thing - but, of course, the fact that she has kids now, it's not the same...ya know?
So that is all. :) Like I said, even though I want to, I won't really go into details about the group (out of respect for them all, just in case any of them ever come across this blog...).
So glad you found people to talk to in person. I keep saying I'm gonna find a group, but never do. I think I need to.
ReplyDeleteI am quite envious there is a group of real people you can talk to. I live in such a small community I can't imagine there would be enough of us to make a group. I am glad you are getting that support.
ReplyDeletei always wished there was a fertility support group where i live. so glad you found one and that going was good for you! it is so awesome to be able to talk to someone in person who is in the same/similar stage of trying/treatment.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! I love all my blogger friends but face to face is just so nice.
ReplyDeleteHi from ICLW!!
ReplyDeleteI think support changes everything! It seems everything is easier when there is a shoulder to cry on!
Hi,
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW. Glad to hear you've found a support group that suits you. Best wishes with the IUI.
Kind regards,
Casey
Navigating Cyberloss
Here from ICLW! I bet an infertility group would be great! I'm so glad you've found a place to feel comfortable and share your experance. This is definitely a sisterhood I didn't think I would be apart of, but I am so happy I am. I have met the most amazing women- struggles define our character and facing infertility has made me a completely different, stronger woman, better wife, and caring friend. (I'm ready for it to be over, haha, I've learned enough! ah!)
ReplyDeleteI look forward to following your journey!!
Sara
ICLW#118
Here from ICLW. So glad to hear you have found a group and an RE you like!
ReplyDeletethat's exciting! i really hope the group is helpful. let us know as it progresses, please. i never thought i would be in the position of looking for support from strangers and the idea of an actual support group never even dawned on me so i'm interested to see how it helps you. good luck!!! :-)
ReplyDelete