Ok, so I LIKE the RE we've met with - she's really nice and the office staff (which, btw, is Midwest Fertility) is wonderful! HOWEVER...the $14,000 pricetag is still staring me in the face.
So my husband and I have been trying to figure some finance stuff out...and we are going to be meeting with someone at a bank to talk more about our finances...and when I spoke with this guy on the phone the other day, I also mentioned our fertility issues - since we will have to FINANCE our pregnancy...
And he suggested I check out a place called Family Beginnings. I know I've seen the building MANY times driving up/down I-69...so I went to the site and saw they do something called "Mini-IVF" which is LESS than HALF of what Midwest charges...now, granted, Mini-IVF doesn't produce as many follies as traditional IVF does...but it is just as affective...
I emailed someone who now has a beautiful baby girl thanks to the doctor at Family Beginnings and she had nothing but great things to say about him.
I've been googling and googling to find more info on him and have found SO many sites/forums/whatnot that absolutely love this clinic.
So I emailed him and he immediately emailed me back! I mean how great is that! :)
So I have an appointment with him in a week and a half. I just hope SO much that we are applicable to do the program!
Very nice of the bank person to point you to another place that can possibly help and for less cost! good luck and can't wait to hear how the appointment goes!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful person the man from the bank is! I hope your appointment goes great! I can't wait to hear about it!
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! Yeah, I found out today (after meeting with him) that he and his wife have to do IVF and THAT'S how he knows! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for your appointment and glad you contacted me. I love love love their office and I'm sure you will too.
ReplyDeleteThank YOU so very much for responding to my email!!! It's scary to move onto a new doctor (If we do decide to...) but hearing from you - as well as the few other sites i've found with info on Dr. D - puts my mind at ease that this is definitely the right thing to do!
DeleteLIke I said, I like Dr. Reuter @ Midwest - but she's NOT the ONLY fertility doc out there..I really need to "shop around" - especially if he is $7,200 CHEAPER! :P
Absolutely! Any money you can save is money that you can put towards that new baby one day soon :)...Please keep me posted and if you have any questions or need anything dont hesitate to ask. xoxo
Delete