Saturday, March 24, 2012

So no brownies yet...

in fact I was reallllllllllllly bad and had a (small) Mint Oreo blizzard from DQ...BUT it was one of the "mini"'s and I had half last night and half tonight! haha.

Yeah...I don't wanna lose hope YET - but DH had his 4th SA yesterday and the numbers were NOT good. :( his morph was down to 1% (hey, at least it's not 0%, right?) and none of his other numbers really improved either... :(

SO I am going to call the new RE monday and see where we go from here. I know they want to do a DNA test, too as well as some test to see whether or not my egg and his sperm are actually compatible (not sure how they do that one...)

I just SO want to be able to even TRY IUI! ya know?

Thing is, too - on the financial ends of things - we JUST paid off one of our biggest credit cards and our CC bills / month have dropped from over $800/month to only $300/month...and so, now that we actually HAVE money TO save - I want to be able to do just that! Not turn around and go back INTO debt just to try to get pregnant!!

I just feel like we are trying SO hard to do everything right and yet something out there keeps us from getting what we want! We have the stable marriage, home, finances, jobs, etc...etc...but NEWP!

Just so frustrating.

BUT I am trying very hard to be excited as it is T minus 10 days until I leave for Europe!!!!!

For those who don't know, I'm going to England for 1 week (staying in Kent/London) then Paris for 2 days and then I'm working in Geneva, Switzerland for 2 weeks!!!

So once I get back from Europe - THAT is when we will really look at our options - be it IUI in June (taking May off since I'll just be coming back...) or IVF in July/August...


7 comments:

  1. I understand your frustration. Expanding your family shouldn't be this hard, nor should you have to put yourself into debt to do so. To date, we've spent over $20k just to get to this point and there are still no guarantees of a THB. Very frustrating. I hope the conversation with the RE gives you a clear direction, whatever that may be. And safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your latest SA! Such frustrating news. Have you asked your RE if he knows of any ways to save on an IVF, if that's the next step he recommends. I don't know too much, but I've read of people joining clinical trials, or having part of their meds donated.

    In any case, I hope you have the opportunity for some distraction on your wonderful trip! Do you know what sites you'll be seeing? I love London, and Paris, but I've only ever spent a few hours in Geneva. (I hope you can post a photo or two!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for the comment! :) Well, this is the 2nd RE we've gone to...he's actually WILLING to do the IUI as long as DH's numbers improve - the first won't even do IUI and wants $14,000 for IVF. This RE's IVF is only around $9,000 BUT he also does "mini-ivf" which is $6,850 and MAY possibly be an option, but we're not sure yet...but even $6,850 is still a LOT of $$ compared to $700 IUI...

      And yes, I will def. be posting pics! :)

      Delete
  3. I hope you love your trip to England. You won't be too far from me! What are you planning to see? I love visiting London but wouldn't want to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to go back to Europe, I was in Paris when I was in High School and want to go back and go to other places. Hope your phone call yields good results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean. We are good in every other aspect of our lives. The only debt we have is our mortgage. Be proud that you are taking the steps to saving. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there-stopping by from ICLW. I feel lucky enough to have the means, but sometimes I feel like I have a money vaccuum permanently attached to my wallet-between surgery co-pays, dog dental bills, getting a new pair of glasses (mine are 5 years old and sit majorly crooked on my face-and I can't see out of them) and getting a new tire after a nail in the sidewall...It can be a constant $$$$$$$$$$$ drain.

    That's awesome for your trip! I was in Basel earlier this year-I hear Geneva is amazing.

    All my best to you! Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D