Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bonjour from Switzerland!!!

So London and Paris were AWESOME! I didn't get to do too much touristy stuff in Paris - but we did take the double decker tour bus around the city, both during the day then that night - to see everything lit up. Paris really was SO cool! However, not speaking any french...it was definitely a challenge! lol.

Geneva, Switzerland, while mostly french, is very English-friendly (much so more than Paris).

I absolutely love the girls I've met from work so far. Today it rained and was SO cold - but we still went out and did things. The woman who I am staying with, she and I went to her sister's for lunch and then we went to the Flower clock, right on Lake Geneva, St. Peter Cathedral as well as History Museum then we went and sat in a nice cafe and had some tea before heading back to her place. I met her best friend, who also happens to work at our place of work, too (who, of course, I will see again tomorrow!).

The weather, though, sucked today. It was cold, windy and rainy, and I think it's supposed to be that way the rest of the week. :(

AND - I've been sick for the entire past week! Last saturday was when we went to see the Castle in Dover - and I think it was from that that I started to get sick...and I've been sick (coughing, hacking up lungs...) since then! :( I've been downing cough syrup like water...I just hope this damn cough goes away soon!

Otherwise I really have had a great time in Europe so far! Hopefully this upcoming weekend we can do a lot more in Switzerland and I can really see the country. :)

We will be going to Gruyere, Switzerland for fondue and also do a chocolate factory tour (can't remember, that may be in Geneva..) - sometime during the week we plan on doing a wine-tasting tour as well!

Well it's 11:27 p.m. Geneva time. so I must go to sleep as I have to wake up to go to work tomorrow!

Post more soon! :D


4 comments:

  1. I was tagged with the Lovely Blog award and have passed it along to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice! Thanks! Is there anything I need to do?

      Delete
  2. You may have already been tagged for the Q&A but if not, I have tagged you in my last post. Glad your trip is lovely but so sorry you have been poorly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are having a great trip! Beautiful picture! Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D