at least the last two days I have - and can I just tell you, I am laying here, feeling like CRAP!
ugh. So we are in England - and Friday, when we arrived, it was GORGEOUS - however with the jet lag and only having gotten barely 4 hours of sleep on the plane, we took naps in the afternoon and so didn't really do much friday.
Saturday was kinda cool - we went to see this really awesome castle here in Dover (called, Dover Castle) however it was FREEEEEZING outside so when we got back to my mother's friend's house, we stayed in the rest of the day.
Today we went to church - after that, we didn't do a darn thing! Now, I understand that pretty much nothing was open due to the Easter holiday - but I can not even begin to tell you all how BORED I've been all day!
So - anyways, why am I feeling like crap? Well, first off, I think I'm getting a cough...from the wet cold weather yesterday :( AND the CARBAGE I've eaten in the past two days...I swear I think I've had more sugar in the past two days than I've literally had all YEAR! :(
This is NOT me - but it's so hard to say "no thanks" to one's host every time she makes a meal...and - the AWESOME tea she's been serving...I didn't realize was chock full of sugar! :( I've had literally like 10 glasses in the past three days...
Tonight - at dinner - which was really good - turkey, lots of different veggees - including mashed taters, boiled potatoes, peas, parsnips (which I've never had before and were VERY yummy!), english 'pudding' (more like a bread roll) and gravy. It was VERY delicious - but she also had a trifle for dessert...I thought I'd gotten away after dinner of not having one, and I took a quick nap on the couch - only to be awoken by my mother shoving a bowl of it under my nose. :(
I kNOW I could have said no thanks...it's just so hard! Course - then a couple hours later (thanks to the carbage) I was hungry again so I had two crumpets (yummmy! lol) with cheese.
Totally my own fault - I know this. but UGH I'm so paying for it now!
Tomorrow will be better. :)
although it's still supposed to be rainy - we are at least going into Canterbury to walk around and do some shopping! Then Tuesday/Wednesday will be in London and Thursday/Friday/Saturday will be in Paris!! :D
So not only are you visiting a bunch of cool foreign countries, but you're eating lots of yummy food? Soooooo jealous! =D
ReplyDeleteIt's technically a vacation, so enjoy yourself!
it is hard to say no so live it up on vacation and when you come back from vacation buckle back down. Have fun and enjoy yourself!!
ReplyDeleteYou can't go to another country and not enjoy the wonderful food and desserts! Have a wonderful time!
ReplyDeletei'm soooo jealous!! if you're not staying with your host the whole time, you'll at least be able to have some control over your food and teas soon. i know how you feel about not wanting to be rude, but not feeling so hot. i felt like crap after my day of eating like crap yesterday. i knew i wouldn't have the willpower to forgo the simple carbs and sugar I've been avoiding and boy did I pay for it! hopefully you'll find some kind of balance that will make you feel better and you will ENJOY while you're there! did i mention i'm jealous? ;-)
ReplyDeleteps-i tagged you in a post...i hope you play along because I'd like to know more about you! :-) http://dogmomchasingthestork.wordpress.com/2012/04/09/ill-show-you-mine-if-you-show-me-yours-lets-play/