Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wow...um ok (vacation related)

So since I really have no where else to turn right now...and I can't really say anything on facebook - this post truly has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING other than what is happening right now at this exact moment in time....lol.

But I'm bored and need an outlet to talk (since, again, I really can't post on FB since all my work friends are on FB and I can't text/call anyone)...

But the co-worker whom I am staying with here in France, this week, we came back to his (family's) house about an hour and a half ago...and he and his wife are currently in the middle of selling their home. Ok. :)

So the past two nights that I have been here, they have had their realtor here at the house (no biggie, whatever, I stay out of the way)...and tonight was no different. However, I have been in the guest room, now, for the last hour (and their realtor left over 40 minutes ago) - with the door WIDE open and I have NO idea where anyone went!

I do hear music now in the other room...but this is just weird and I don't want to be rude in saying that they are being rude (because I'm very grateful for them letting me stay here)...but this seems a little rude to ME! haha.

I dunno - do I go in there and try to find my co-worker? I almost wonder if he left?...like I seriously feel alone in this house right now...ok, I hear the children and the mother now...but she (the mother) seems upset? I really have no idea! AND what does not help...is the fact that only my co-worker speaks English! Now, his wife speaks a little bit, but not enough, really, to carry on a conversation. I have absolutely NO idea where my co-worker is...

I don't know. I am just sitting on the bed in the guest room here on my laptop and waiting for him to come back. I really don't know what to do...lol.

Ok, like I said, I just needed to get that out of my system. haha.

ETA - ok, still have no idea what's going on...I can't tell if one of the children is in trouble?...I don't even know if I should be posting this, even here on my "anonymous" blog (ok, there's no way that if someone who knew me found this blog that they wouldn't know it was me! haha).

sigh.

I do have to say - while I have absolutely LOVED my time being here, my co-workers are incredible and I really am enjoying staying here with them...it really is time to go home. I miss my husband and my doggies. :)

3 comments:

  1. There always comes a time when you just want to be home. I hope you get to see your husband and doggies soon!

    As for staying in a house when the hosts are going through something stressful (like selling their house)...I think all you can do is be an easy guest, which I'm sure you're doing. Any chance you can play with the kids? (I tend to hang out with children when I feel uncomfortable :) Sometimes it's just easier to play.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I actually found out there was a bit of "family drama" tonight...obviously out of respect for them I will not say anything - but it's all good now. I just wanted to stay out of their way, as their guest, and not interfere in any way...but it was just a little strange while it was happening. :p And SERIOUSLY I am beginning to regret having never taken French (or any foreign language for that matter)!
    And, no, while his children are ADORABLE, the little ones know no english and are very shy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have given you an award my dear. Check it out on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D