Tuesday, August 14, 2012

in sickness and in health...


So I saw this on facebook from a friend...and I want to re-post it - but of course since facebook doesn't know that I AM sad...I can't post it.

However I think this sums me up right about now.

I truly am very happy for my friends at work who are pregnant - AND there are many things in my life which make me happy - but every day I'm just so flippin' sad that after 2.5 years we are STILL not pregnant.

It sucks. I have a friend, IRL at work who did IVF twice and has 3 beautiful little boys from her IVF cycles (one from the first and twins from the second)...thing is though - she told me during her time before she knew she was infertile and during the time they were trying but could NOT actually get pregnant - she became extremely depressed. To the point where she was put on meds.

I can totally understand how. No I'm not there yet. But day in and day out (lately) I swear every single moment of my day seems to be filled with the sadness of Infertility.

And - what sucks more is that I'M not physically the infertile one. But the man I love is. The man I have chosen to live my life with is infertile - which in turn makes me 100% infertile. No matter what - in sickness and in health.

I do apologize if the last couple of posts have been depressing...but I'm just in that time of my infertility that I have to get all my sadness out. I'm sure there will be more to come.

2 comments:

  1. Don't apologize! This is how you are feeling right now and you need to get it out. You can't let it sit and fester. Big Hugz hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sit at work and day in and day out think of having a baby. I sit and listen to the girls at work talk day in and day out about their kids and babies. I am happy but there is a part of me that is sad too. It never goes away. It seems worse for me when I am at work with the other mothers. It's difficult but you can't change how you feel.

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D