Friday, August 17, 2012

"You're SOOOO young!"

ugh. Seriously? So - of all of those wonderful things that fertiles say to infertiles...I think the one that has been annoying me the most lately is "Oh you're SOOO young, you have SOOO much time!" um. no I'm not.

I will be 33 years old in 2 weeks and my husband just turned 39. Our kid will be graduating high school when my husband is 58 years old (give or take)...

35 is that "advanced maternal age". Fertility-wise I am way past my 'prime'.

I do look MUCH younger than I actually am (and act it too! haha) but seriously though - I think this is the one thing that people keep saying to me that is just annoying the hell out of me.

NO I'm not "young" and NO we do NOT have soooooo much time!

ugh.

that is all.

3 comments:

  1. I hate when people say that! O and I saw the post you deleted. Hope you had fun and crossing my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. no unfortunately not. I haven't written about it - but one huge problem with MFI...he has no faith in anything naturally happening anymore...so he's not as 'excited' as I am to try anymore. :(

      Delete
  2. I too hated it when people would tell me that I was still young. (Unfortunately, I haven't heard it said in a while.) Infertility does NOT look at age. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D