Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"Because it's JUST sooo EASY!"

Um. No. It's not.

What is? Well - tonight I was at a meeting for a group I belong to (won't say which one...lol) but it is mainly retired people, so most people there are in their 50's and 60's (some older, a few younger...).

Anyways - I was at a table with three others who were talking about working in a school system. And I mentioned that I'm in awe of people who can do that, because there's NO WAY I could work in a school - having to deal with the parents of the kids who couldn't care less about being a parent...and I made the offhand comment of how there's too many people who shouldn't procreate...

And - of course - someone retorted back "Yes, but they do because 'it's just so easy'!" Is it now? Really? Then WHY THE HELL are we having to spend $10,000 to even try to get pregnant if it is is "just so easy!"?!!!!!!!!!!!

I steered the conversation elsewhere and didn't reply to her saying that - because of course not everyone knows that we are struggling - and the thing is, she's right - for too many out there, it IS "just so easy". And I can not tell you how much that pisses me off! (well you know, so I don't have to tell you, lol).

But it still feels like a huge slap in the face when I hear comments like that. I know the woman meant absolutely NO harm by saying that to me - again, she has NO clue what we are dealing with...but it just felt like I was getting slapped in the face to hear it.

Ya know?

ETA - here's a great post I just found on Facebook:


3 comments:

  1. Yelp and when I see someone with six kids and having them all everytime she says she wants to get pregnant and had the last one at 42 no problem, it pisses me off to no end. I am just asking for one and now the only way for me is to spend 22k on a donor cycle. Ugh!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D