Monday, September 17, 2012

Consent Appointment and "Trial Transfer"...

So today was our first appointment towards bringing home baby!

They did a "trial transfer" which basically showed the doc that everything inside my uterus was looking fantastic and he kept saying I should have a beautiful and simple transfer! I feel AWESOME after my appointment! Seriously feel calm and collected that this is it!

So it's the lupron protocol - which I will start on the 24th. I haven't ordered meds yet, but only because I called the Compassionate Care program, which generously reduces the amount of $$ you pay for your meds, if you qualify...you have to be paying completely out of pocket (which we are) and quality with their application...so once I get that, I'll fill it out and fax it back to them ASAP so I can get it to my doc's office to get the meds!

So I want to keep a running tally of everything we have spent out of pocket and today was:
$5375

$4000 for the actual IVF procedure
$850 for ICSI (which we'll ICSI every egg)
$150 for the blood draws (this is just standard testing for HIV, HCV, HBV, etc...)
$375 for the Trial Transfer

And that was just today. :) Of course we still have to pay for the meds, ultra sounds, anesthesia, and I'm sure one or two other things - but that is the BULK of it. :)

I know it'd be AWESOME if we have any $$ left over from all of this...but we shall see.

I am also doing reproductive acupuncture and massages, but the acupuncture, so far, has been paid with my FSA (flexible spending account) and the massages will be out of pocket, but my mom bought my first three. :)

But I feel REALLY REALLY good about this! I will Keep you all posted!


ETA - i just saw this on FB and had to laugh... :)


8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the trial transfer! That means things are getting closer. :) Sending lots of good vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to finally be getting started!! Sending lots of positive baby vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear the trial transfer went well. Grow eggs, grow!
    I hope you qualify for the Compassionate Care program, saving money is always great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling so good about it all. Good vibes heading your way from me too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad things went so well today. I will definitely be checking out the Compassionate Care program. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news that everything looks good! Positive vibes from me over at ICLW #38!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on your journey. Sending lots of baby vibes
    ...fellow ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck to you. You are that much closer to IVF and hopefully a baby. A positive attitude is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D