Saturday, October 13, 2012

CD12 - still stimming...

So I am on CD12 and still stimming. I was SO hoping tomorrow would be my retrieval, but no such luck. Things ARE looking good - I've got like 7 or 8 follies on the left and 2 or 3 on the right, but they are only averaging 11/12 mm right now...and the nurse/doc want them to be around/over 18.

SO I have another appointment Monday morning. And from there we'll see if I need to continue stimming a few more days and have another appointment on Wednesday, shooting for a Friday retrieval or if we can push up retrieval earlier...

I just need to be patient. :) I mean, after all, I've waited 2.5 years for this, what's another couple of days?! :D

It does suck, though, that we are really close to running out of $$...

Here's the run-down so far...

First appointment (9/17/12):
  • IVF Procedure - $4,000
  • ICSI - $850
  • Blood Work for hubs and me - $150
  • Trial Transfer - $375
  • TOTAL = $5,375
Medications:
  • Lupron - $199
  • Gonal F 300iu - $278
  • Progesterone Oil - $143.60
  • Novarel (HCG) - $79.90
  • Menopur - $729
  • Gonal F 900iu - $834
  • Prenatals, Estradiol, Doxycycline, Supposotory - $16.54
  • Gonal F (refill) 300iu - $278
  • TOTAL = $2,558.04

Second appointment (10/04/12):

  • Office Visit - $30
  • Estradiol Lab - $100
  • LH Lab - $80
  • Gyn Scan (Baseline US) - $275
  • Blood Draw - $10
  • TOTAL = $495
Third appointment (10/10/12):
  • Office Visit - $30
  • Estradiol Lab - $100
  • LH Lab - $80
  • Progesterone Lab - $80
  • Blood Draw - $10
  • Follicle Scan - $150
  • TOTAL = $450
Fourth appointment (10/12/12):
  • Office Visit - $30
  • Estradiol Lab - $100
  • Blood Draw - $10
  • Follicle Scan - $150
  • TOTAL = $290
Other stuff:
  • Anesthesiologist - $460
  • (future) Anesthesiology Meds - $100
  • (future) Acupuncture for Transfer - $150
  • TOTAL = $710
And, yes, there is still MORE to come - but so far, we have spent:
$9,878

I know that's actually CHEAPER than what some end up paying and I am VERY thankful we found an affordable doctor who's also been VERY great to us!

I just hope and pray this works - OR at least to have some frozen embys out of it so if we do have to do this again, an FET is soooooo much cheaper.

But, of course, I hope and pray that this works!

7 comments:

  1. Sending many many thoughts your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, to you!!! I seriously hope and pray that you and I will be "pregnant together"!!! :D

      Delete
  2. It is SO SO expensive, isn't it? Fingers crossed that this is the only one you'll need to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ridiculous and the first center we went to wanted $14,000!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your well wishes on my blog. I'm now your newest follower too, and am here to cheer you on toward your BFP (and beyond)! Good luck for your retrieval. I found it no where near as bad as I expected it to be!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay a new follower!!! I love finding new blogs of women who their IVF or FET worked! It gives me so much hope! Thanks!

      Delete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D