Ok, so my doc said not to over-exert myself...so instead I am over-analyzing everything I'm doing! haha!
For example...he didn't specifically SAY no exercise - but I know you probably shouldn't...however today I HAD to get out of the house - couldn't sit on the couch for another full Saturday...
So a friend of mine invited me to go antiquing...and the store was 72,000 square feet!!!!
So we VERY SLOWLY walked around the store for a little over THREE hours!
Of course I came home and googled if it's healthy or not and "Dr. Google" has some people saying absolutely ZERO exercise of ANY kind during the 2ww and others are saying they were at the gym doing things as normal! I also read a few sites that mentioned they think it's healthy to walk to get blood pumping to the uterus. :D
I'm SO hoping that last one is true!
What are all of your thoughts on this? My legs were tired, but I NEVER got my heart rate up (I mean very slow walking/stopping to look at everything) but, yes, it was a little over 3 hours...
sigh. I just want my BFP already!
Now, and I don't know if this will help or not - but I LOVE walking normally...now I haven't actually walked or worked-out since August - but during the summer I was RUNNING as well as walking (and I'm talking 3-4 miles at a time/3-4 times a week).
I continued normal exercises when I felt ready a few days after my embryo transfer. And my "normal" exercises were a 4km slow jog twice/week, as well as doing some cycling/light weights at the gym. I also walked for about 30 minutes each day.
ReplyDeleteI believe in behaving as normal as possible during the 2ww, as it helps with your sanity (and gets the endorphins flowing)! I got my BFP recently, and I'm still continuing gentle exercise throughout my pregnancy. Good luck!
My clinic never had me do bed rest, instead they say to take it easy the day of the transfer and then you can go back to your norm.
ReplyDeleteI personally think feeling and being happy make more of a difference in your body. And it Sounds like you were having a good time! Fingers crossed!
hello from the last day of ICLW! Congrats on being PUPO, and sending sticky baby-dust your way, GL!!!
ReplyDelete