Wednesday, January 25, 2012

BMI. a number I've always hated...

So I hate the BMI scale. I always have. I think it's RIDICULOUS because it doesn't TRULY give a real representation of one's health. How many celebrities out there are technically "obese" even though they are not obese??

I've lost/gained/lost/gained/lost/gained LITERALLY the same 30 pounds like 3 times now...and the first time I lost the bulk of my weight (from my highest) was 60 pounds...at least though I never gained back all 60!

At my highest I was 217. I am currently 193. I've recently gained back 33 pounds from where I was 2 years ago at my wedding (160)...

So our RE won't actually even start IVF until I get my metabolism back in check and lose some weight and get into a "healthy" BMI range.

Don't get me wrong. I am the QUEEN of losing weight. Seriously. I'm just back at that 'point' where I have to start over. again.

I've done weight watchers before and AM a lifetime member (it's how I lost the first 60 pounds...as well as at 1 other time. And the last time I lost 30 pounds was through Low Carb.

And at this point in my life - even though I LOVE my carbs. I know that the best and healthiest way to live IS through Low Carb.

Fat is good for you. Low Fat is bad (not to mention gross...lol). I LOVE butter and real bacon and steak. I HATE margarine (won't go near it) I TOLERATED turkey bacon and there's nothing like a good 10 ounce ribeye with some blue cheese crumbles and buttah...ooey gooey melty buttah.

However. I LOVE my sugar. Sugar is bad. I know this. I've always known this. but damnit. i LOVE my sugar. But I want a baby. Sugar is not as important to me as a baby is.

Now, though, I can go back to eating high fat withOUT any guilt!! :)

But I am going to go about low-carb differently this time...one of my problems with, well pretty much anything in life is that I'm an "all-or-nothing" type. I know NO "middle ground".

I love Atkins - and when I first did Atkins, I followed it to the T, counting carbs and following the ladder. I think it's a GREAT way for people to do - but I am also so incredibly sick and tired of COUNTING food. Whether it's calories, fat grams, carbs, whatever. I HATE journaling my food.

So - instead...I am just going cold turkey in giving up (again) bread...pasta (which I've never been a huge pasta fan, so no biggie there), rice (ok, I really only care about rice because i LOVE sushi!) and...the big one for me. Potatoes. I.Love.Potatoes.

BUT they're not as important as a baby.

Even my RE told me yesterday "get rid of the carbs". See? She knows. ;)

1 comment:

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D