So - I just need to post again today...it's only 2:00 p.m. and I've had such a FABULOUS start to the day!
So I went shopping at JC Penny's to look for a shrug (you know, that little jacket you can wear over tops) as I don't own any and my company is having an anniversary dance tonight. I have an awesome dress - but the shrug that came with it makes it way too "mother of the bride" for my tastes...
So I walk in and they're having a HUGE clearance and end of season sale...I have been in desperate need of new clothes...I really hate to admit it - but most of my clothes are too small. I've gained a lot of weight back and they're all like 1 size too small...and that's just not comfortable. And - while I'm all about being healthy and exercising - I'm not in "weight loss mode" because - well I'm in "baby-makin' mode"! lol. And - regardless - at the time. A LOT of stuff in my closet just doesn't fit.
So I went shopping and got 3 pair of dress/work slacks (one black, one grey, one brown) - 2 pair of jeans - 1 new shirt - 1 new shrug - 2 bras - and 1 cute pair of matching undies (tmi? lol). all of that - NORMALLY would have been $300 not on sale...but thanks to the sale, I spent $180!!!
Then I went to the butcher - yeah, the actual BUTCHER - here in town...as another "resolution" my husband and I talked about is buying meat from them instead of the big box stores...something I started doing last year was trying not to give my money to big corporations...ie. Walmart (which I haven't bought meat from them in years - however I do buy sams' club - yes I know they're the same company. lol)
But we really are trying to buy more local.
But anyways - I got 3 lbs of beef and 2 lbs of chicken thighs for $25 (yes, that's a good price when buying local meat!)
And now I'm sitting at home - posting this - after eating my WONDERFUL sushi and salt/vinegar sweet potato chips that I picked up from the market.
Then in a couple of hours we will head to our "prom" as I keep calling it! haha.
I really need to post a pic of it...so I think I may go back and "hide" the post about my husband's results so I can post my real name (and pictures)...
The past few days - I have to say I'm very proud of this blog. I've started blogs before, in the past, and post maybe 3 things and they sit there. I NEVER get a following - but those of you who have come to my blog already are AWESOME and I have a really good feeling about this blog. :)
Now - off to take down the last of the christmas decorations outside, finish some laundry, take the dog for a walk, get in my 10 minutes of exercise and get ready for our "prom"!
Sounds like a great day! Hope you had fun at the "prom".
ReplyDelete