Sunday, January 8, 2012

One week in to 2012

So last night was FABULOUS!!!! It was my company's 25th anniversary. So they had an AWESOME party / dinner / dance. I don't feel too bad about not getting downstairs to exercise yesterday - because we danced our butts off last night! :) It was so fun!

Today I went grocery shopping and I try to coupon - but my problem with most coupons you find are for junk I'm not going to eat. That - or - the generic store brand (or another brand) is cheaper than the savings with the coupon...

But I went in today and after the clerk gave me the total, I gave him my store card plus coupons...and I saved $40! Go me! :D

I am excited, too, about some of the food I got...normally we've always bought bags of frozen veggies...however to be perfectly honest, I don't like frozen veggies. I LOVE veggies - but I'm also just really bad about not cooking. Not that I don't like cooking...I love finding new recipes to try and all that - but it's more that I hate the time it takes TO cook. I'm a "convenience" type of girl. I like something that can be made here and now that I really don't have to put too much time into. But I know that "convenience" isn't healthy.

So I got your basics - zucchini, asparagus, mushrooms, peppers, onions etc...but I also picked up some tomatillos as well. I've been on a tomatillo "kick" lately - at least anywhere (usually Mexican places) that have tomatillo sauce. I've NEVER made my own sauce and when I saw them there - they were pretty cheap - I thought I'd pick some up and try making my own! :D

So we will see how that turns out!

I have to say - I'm pretty impressed that I'm a week in and I'm still going strong on my resolutions. :)

January can become a bit of a drag after the excitement of the holidays...and while - in the past - I've always done good as far as "weight loss" resolutions go - this year I'm NOT resolving to do any specific weight loss plan. Instead I'm just "eating smart". Plus taking my vitamins and playing my "video games"! lol.

But - for example - today we went out with our best friends for our belated Christmas gift exchange (they are impossible to meet up with sometimes)...anyways - I got myself a french dip sandwich (which is one of my favorite meals) but instead of fries I got a salad :)

And I'm very proud of that because - well...yesterday was not so much an eat-smart day...the dinner they served for us was incredible - but included a triple chocolate cake (which I devoured!) however - again, I danced my butt of last night! BUT of course I had 1 mixed drink - 1 glass of wine - and 3 beers (Coors Light). Now, that WAS over the course of 6 hours ... but still. Then afterwards - well - it was midnight, we'd been drinking, and White Castle is just so darned convenient! lol. Oh well - I also have to be able to be OK with "celebrating" every once in a while (just not every day!).

And - just because I do eat crap for one meal midnight snack...doesn't mean I blow the next day. I just keep going!

It's 6:00 p.m. and I still have time for (and will here in a few) playing those video games! :D

I really need to get me some new ones though. We have the Wii system and I LOVE my Wii fit and EA Sports Active - but I'm thinking of getting Zumba or one of the Dance games.

Course I really need to clean up my home office too, tonight...

Oh! I finally got myself some Vitamin D3 today! It was on sale (half off) PLUS I had a $1.00 coupon for that brand! go me! :D

I am trying to take the most important vitamins, that I feel I need. For me, I've always heard that most people are truly deficient of Vitamin D - plus in the winter time (we are part of daylight savings...) when I work from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (in a cubicle) and barely see any sunlight ... leave at 6 or later and it's already dark...the winter blues are easy to set in. The wiki page for Vitamin D will give you good information on why it's good to to take.

The other Vitamins I've been taking are - Fish Oil, Super B Complex with C (which includes Vitamin C, Thiamin/B1, Riboflavin/B2, Niacin/B3, Pyridoxine/B6, Folic Acid/B9, B12, Biotin/B7 and Pantothenic Acid/B5), Vitamin C and Folic Acid.
Course, now that I take a closer look of my Super B Complex with C I realize that already contains Vitamin C and Folic Acid, which I didn't realize was a B Vitamin! haha. But oh well - I'll still take the others. :)

I just have always heard that B Vitamins are essential for Metabolism as well as fertility.

I really want to to get DH started on a Vitamin regime. He's always taken a multi vitamin + Vitamin C, but I've read that certain vitamins (such as Zing and Selenium) really help Sperm Quality. And I know his multi has some in there, but I think an actual pill specifically FOR each of those would be better. :)

So we shall see! :)

Ok, it is 6:25 now - if I don't go downstairs and play my video games now, then I probably won't tonight - and those games won't play themselves! hahaha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
ETA - woohoo! tooting my own horn. 45 minutes wii fit (ok, EA sports active)!! :D

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time at the party. Sounds like you are staying on track and really being healthy. I have been lazy this past week. I need to get back to the gym. I switched to a new one that I like better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fun night out!! I go in streaks with my couponing as well...sometimes I'm very successful and other times the coupons are not for things we would use so I don't use many. $40 is a good savings though!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D