Monday, January 2, 2012

New year - New Me!

Ok. So EVERY SINGLE YEAR I make the standard "I'm going to lose weight" resolution. Last year I didn't make it because - well I though I'd be pregnant soon enough and not have to be in "weight loss mode" so instead of weight loss mode, I was in "I'm going to eat whatever I want" mode. Luckily I didn't gain 50 pounds...but I did gain some.


Now. Here's my weight loss history (yes this will pertain to infertility. :p - but hey it's my blog and I can blog about whatever I want! hehe)
So - I was the fat kid growing up. As a young child I was your normal avery TOTALLY FREAKIN' ADORABLE thin child.
But then - sometime after 3rd grade I got fat. Not horribly fat, but I def. have some awful childhood school photos.
I remember in 6th grade, I wasn't too bad...I was about 125 - which for a 6th grade girl, as I NOW know really wasn't all that good...

But in between my 6th and 7th grade years - I quit playing softball and went from 125 to 225. Yes I gained 100 pounds in ONE YEAR. Why my parents weren't concerned? I don't know (i have AWESOME parents btw, and do not blame them...) but anyways.

So in 7th grade I weighed 225. Even though I was a straight A student and in the honor society - I only had like 1 friend and have tried to block out 7th grade from my mind. It SUCKED!

But I kept the weight on (never really gaining more than that 225) until 10th grade...and then, between my 10th and 11th grade years, during that summer - I had to take the dreaded mandatory gym class...which was awesome for me because I lost 75 pounds that year! High school was good. Even 9th/10th were okay since I'd made friends by then...
But in 11th and 12th grade I was thin and happy! :) I was 18 about here.

Thing is, though, I'd never learned what was "healthy" just that exercise made me thin.

So I get to college - and, not knowing better, binged on late night pizza, drinking (oh could I drink!) and ate whatever was cheap and from a box...now, I WAS on the Ultimate Frisbee team in college - so that exercise helped - but I was slowly gaining and gaining - and by the time I graduated, when I was 22 - I was back up to 220.

During College I did do weight watchers a little with a friend of mine - but was never truly serious about it - I had lost some weight - like 25 pounds - but again, wasn't too serious about it and ended up gaining back.

After college graduation (June 2003) and moving back home (September 2003) I decided to join Weight Watchers, again, at 217 pounds. I lost 57 pounds and got down to my awesome favorite weight of 160!

I kept that off for the longest time, but then I moved - again - and - again the weight came back...(Moved in 2004, realized I was gaining the weight back at the end of 2005).

And, I'd lose and gain, lose and gain...and after I met DH (2006), and I could not lose it again, I finally switched over to Atkins in 2008! and I LOVED it! However. Atkins is really hard to live with, for me, because I work a 45+/week job and need "convenience"...

January 1st, 2008 I started on Atkins and went from 200 down to 160. I kept that off until about September 2010, which is when we started to chart and seriously TTC. Soooooo the weight has slowly crept up. again.

So here we are. January 2nd 2012. And LUCKILY I have not hit that 200 mark yet, but I did something this morning I haven't done in wow - probably close to 6 months...I got on the scale. Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that I did go back to WW with my best friend last year, but only for a couple of weeks. I believe it was in July that we went back and I did get down from 191 to 183...so in 6 months I've gained back 10 pounds (which in all honesty is pretty darn good...and I'm very happy that it's not MORE!

So. January 2nd 2012. Weight - 193 lbs. Height - 5'7". Jean Size - 16.

There it is. I am putting that out there for al the world to see because I'm not 100% sure what plan I'm going to follow (as I LOVE the high fat ideals of atkins - but I love on WW you can eat carbs...)

I want to somehow chronicle here - or at least have it attached to this blog somehow - how I am getting healthy, not just for myself, but for our future baby. I know that if I keep going in the direction I am, I may be a fat momma and that's NOT me. For all the years of losing/gaining/losing/gaining - I've always been that person who - when in weigh loss mode, was the total gym rat/health-freak!

It is 10:45 a.m. and I haven't had breakfast yet. I believe I will make it "point-healthy" (weight watchers) and see where we go from there.

Here is to a healthier me in 2012 so that I can have a healthy baby!

2 comments:

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D