Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Woohoo!!! A day full of resolutions! and some other stuff. :p

So - as I posted earlier...my resolutions are to:

  1. Cook dinner at home and not eat out so much...
  2. Take my vitamins!
  3. Exercise for at least 10 minutes a day
Well - I consider # 1 technically a victory...I have a meeting every other monday of the month where dinner is served (by my husband's catering company...) so TECHNICALLY I did not eat fast food! 

#2 - Definitely a victory! I didn't take all that I needed (in fact I need to get a bottle of Vitamin D...) But I took my Vitamin B, Folic Acid, Fish Oil and took my Metformin at both Lunch and Dinner (I'm awful about taking my Metformin every day...)

And #3 - the best victory of them all...15 minutes on my eliptical! I wish I coulda gone longer, but I am getting over a cold. So 15 minutes is a HUGE victory!

In other news...no call from the Fertility Specialists yet. :(

I'm getting antsy - but trying to be patient - which I'm NOT a patient person! lol.
I know they'll call - and I know we'll meet with them...but dangit, in the immortal words of Veruca Salt "I want it now!".

Good news too, for today - I'm on CD14 and have a positive OPK...just like every other month. :p

So that right there tells me that there shouldn't be anything wrong with me - which I'm very happy about! But it gets frustrating knowing that we ARE an infertile couple :(
I also know it's not my husband's fault by any means - and don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that (as far as I know) there isn't anything wrong on my end...which will hopefully make things much easier once we do go for IUI. But it's still frustrating. Month after month I ovulate - 14th day of my 25 - 30 day cycle...i'm a textbook case when it comes to cycles...yet no bfp.

:sigh:

One day. One day it will be our turn. :)

I do have to say though - I TRULY hope it does not cost us $36,000 ... I have a friend at work who - he and his wife just had a BEAUTIFUL baby girl 6 months ago - and they did IVF. They were really lucky to have one of their cycles done when we had insurance that did pay for IVF (which would have been in 2010) but in 2011 our company switched insurance carriers, who do not cover IVF or IUI.

But I was talking to him about it tonight - and in their situation, his wife had to have a lot of surgeries and other stuff done on her end, so he said they were on the more expensive side of it...and paied about $12,000 per cycle (they got pregnant on their third). But seriously - that is just so frustrating to hear...$36,000 to get pregnant - when the "drunk cheerleader" can just look at a guy and get pregnant?! :sigh:

Don't get me wrong, if we had the $$$ I'd JUMP at the chance to do IVF it just is so insane to me how much it costs.

But - whatever it takes. :) Course I mentioned that to my husband and he agreed that Varicocele surgery (which insurance will pay for since it is to "correct" infertility...) is looking better and better. So we shall see.

Hope to post about a phone call from Midwest Fertility Soon!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day! You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D