So my mother and I went clothes shopping today. Penny's was having an INCREDIBLE sale and I got a TON of new tops! I promised that I would get rid of old clothes that don't fit anymore. And I pulled out, I swear, what seemed like HALF my closet! lol.
I got rid of some pretty sentimental clothing though. Some clothes that I LOVE that I've had since...duh-duh-duh....high school...which was 14 years ago!!!! ack!
But the clothes I had will never fit again. I got rid of work pants that are in extremely good shape (so good I swear they look like they were never worn!) So I have to remind myself - they are going to Good Will and will go to someone else who will need and appreciate the clothes.
They are just clothes though. Why are we SO attached to clothes and refuse to get rid of them? Granted, I didn't get rid of EVERY piece of sentimental piece...I did keep a couple (I allowed myself 5 items. lol)
But I go through my closet about once every year or two...and yet there are still those pieces of clothing that have followed me from high school, to college, to single-dom (after college) to meeting my husband and getting married and buying a house. When is the last time I actually wore these specific items? Years ago! :)
PLUS...I will be pregnant soon. Damnit. I know that my body will change drastically. I will go clothes shopping during and after the pregnancy and more times in between. I feel good that I know someone out there will enjoy and appreciate these clothes.
And, who knows, maybe someone will find one of my really good pair of work pants and use it for an interview and get a job!
HI Lily,
ReplyDeleteLove the pen name - it is kindof fun to have an online alter ego :)
Sorry that you have to be on this long winding path to parenthood - it is arduous, but you are most definitely not alone.
wishing you much luck on your journey!
-foxy
HI Lily,
ReplyDeleteLove the pen name - it is kindof fun to have an online alter ego :)
Sorry that you have to be on this long winding path to parenthood - it is arduous, but you are most definitely not alone.
wishing you much luck on your journey!
-foxy
Hi Foxy!! Thanks for the comment!
ReplyDelete